Saturday, May 9, 2020
For the ultimate comfort snack a cheese toastie with beer. Drooling yet?
You will need:
- 2 Spring onions
- 25g butter
- 2 Tbs flour
- 100ml beer
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 250g grated cheddar
- Combine finely chopped spring onions with butter and flour.
- Very gradually stir in beer to make a thick sauce (like when making a white sauce).
- Take off the heat and stir in beaten egg, breadcrumbs and cheddar.
- Season and chill the delicious potion until set.
- To serve, pile it high onto toast and grill until the mix renders down to a molten, oozy mass.